Welcome to FK. Please register to join ea7
0 ) { window.document.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;}" > Topic options Click Hover 0 ) { window.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;}" > View mode Threaded Compact Newest First
I would like to use this as a new tap safe, given it not only dechlorinates tap water but detoxifies ea7 nitrate amongst other beneficial attributes. By all accounts 5ml treats 200 litres. ea7 At present I am changing 60 litres at a time in my tank. I however add water in 5 litre mineral water bottles, brought up to temperature ... this means i need 0.125 ml per 5litre bottle of mineral water ... obviously impossible to do. Can I add the water straight from the tap into the tank and then just dose 4.5 ml to treat entire 180 litre tank ... would this not expose fish to toxic chlrine etc over the 20 mins or so as I fill tank with 5 litre bottles. Thanks for advice.
Joined: 22/11/2013 17:34
If you ask at the local vets they will give you a 1 ml syringe if you tell them what its for You only need one as you can use it over and over They are marked ea7 in 0.05 progressions so small dosing is easy
Thanks for the advice. I wish to use this, as my dechlorinator, but also in my battle with nitrates. Says it binds ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I have 0 ammonia and nitrite, but after doing 1/3 water change to get nitrates down to <5 ppm, back up to 50+ in a day or less. Will give this a go and then try jbl bionitratex. At a loss. Nutrafin nitrate kit hard to read at higher levels, but shows big rise in nitrates quickly none the less. Tank only recently cycled ... 180 litres, planted and 5 little platys ... heaven knows where nitrates are coming from.... could be test kit although not old. Might be plant growth substrate ... sand new and vacuumed, leaves trimmed ea7 if looking manky, just don't know. Given nitrate is end product of nitrification process, if Prime binds ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, must be worth a shot to slow things down and keep water changes down to once a week hence sustainable.
I had a real problem with my 200l that I recently cycled. I did a 90% water change and was still reading 80ppm. I then did another 90% and also emptied my external canister and was still at what looked ea7 to be 40/80ppm. I decided that I wanted to get my nitrates down naturally and not use anything else to do the job. I did a final 90% water change, emptied my external canister, poured 10l back into the tank, pumped that back out (to rinse the substrate), refilled and was down to 20ppm which I was happy with! My tap water is about 10/20ppm.
Posted on: 8/1/2014 0:37
Prime is only useful ea7 for emergency detoxification. It's not the answer long term and has to be redosed roughly every 24 hours to maintain its effect in an emergency situation. Unless you are dosing a nitrate based plant food the very rapid rise in nitrates has to come from an organic source - fish waste from overfeeding or overstocking, excess food, rotting plants or trapped dirt in substrate or filter. ea7 If not that then it must be an error in the test kit, test procedure or reading of results. Looking ea7 at the percentage changes you're doing and the resulting nitrate levels there's something amiss other than nitrate production. ea7 If you change 90% of the water for 0 nitrate clean water and test immediately afterwards the level MUST reduce by 90% - it's a simple mathematical function. If a 90% change does not produce a 90% reduction then one of your tests, either before or after has to be off, or the level in your supply is higher than you think and that test was off.
Forum Jump: Search in Tropical - Help and Advice 0 ){ document.forms.forum_jumpbox.submit();}"> -- Select a Forum -- [Saltwater] -- Marine - Help and Advice -- Nano Marine - Help and Advice -- Marine - Breeding ea7 and Fragging -- Brackish - Help and Advice [Fishkeeping.co.uk General Forums] -- Feedback and Suggestions [General ea7 Help and Advice] -- Emergencies -- General Information -- Amphibians, Invertebrates, Reptiles and other Animals -- Mystery Creature ID [Freshwater] -- Coldwater - Help and Advice -- Tropical - Help and Advice -- Cichlid Specific -- Freshwater - Breeding and Fry Care -- Aquarium Plants -- Pond - Help and Advice [ Advanced Search ]
Goldy 16645 cathie 11151 Fishlady 10676 suey2 9935 Fishy-Fishy 9605 EagleC 8176 Violet 7049 Coralline 5681 TetraLinz 4655 Goldnugget 4183
Powered by Firemouth 2012 FK | Contact Admin 0.352 Seconds | 1 Queries
0 ) { window.document.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;}" > Topic options Click Hover 0 ) { window.location=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;}" > View mode Threaded Compact Newest First
I would like to use this as a new tap safe, given it not only dechlorinates tap water but detoxifies ea7 nitrate amongst other beneficial attributes. By all accounts 5ml treats 200 litres. ea7 At present I am changing 60 litres at a time in my tank. I however add water in 5 litre mineral water bottles, brought up to temperature ... this means i need 0.125 ml per 5litre bottle of mineral water ... obviously impossible to do. Can I add the water straight from the tap into the tank and then just dose 4.5 ml to treat entire 180 litre tank ... would this not expose fish to toxic chlrine etc over the 20 mins or so as I fill tank with 5 litre bottles. Thanks for advice.
Joined: 22/11/2013 17:34
If you ask at the local vets they will give you a 1 ml syringe if you tell them what its for You only need one as you can use it over and over They are marked ea7 in 0.05 progressions so small dosing is easy
Thanks for the advice. I wish to use this, as my dechlorinator, but also in my battle with nitrates. Says it binds ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I have 0 ammonia and nitrite, but after doing 1/3 water change to get nitrates down to <5 ppm, back up to 50+ in a day or less. Will give this a go and then try jbl bionitratex. At a loss. Nutrafin nitrate kit hard to read at higher levels, but shows big rise in nitrates quickly none the less. Tank only recently cycled ... 180 litres, planted and 5 little platys ... heaven knows where nitrates are coming from.... could be test kit although not old. Might be plant growth substrate ... sand new and vacuumed, leaves trimmed ea7 if looking manky, just don't know. Given nitrate is end product of nitrification process, if Prime binds ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, must be worth a shot to slow things down and keep water changes down to once a week hence sustainable.
I had a real problem with my 200l that I recently cycled. I did a 90% water change and was still reading 80ppm. I then did another 90% and also emptied my external canister and was still at what looked ea7 to be 40/80ppm. I decided that I wanted to get my nitrates down naturally and not use anything else to do the job. I did a final 90% water change, emptied my external canister, poured 10l back into the tank, pumped that back out (to rinse the substrate), refilled and was down to 20ppm which I was happy with! My tap water is about 10/20ppm.
Posted on: 8/1/2014 0:37
Prime is only useful ea7 for emergency detoxification. It's not the answer long term and has to be redosed roughly every 24 hours to maintain its effect in an emergency situation. Unless you are dosing a nitrate based plant food the very rapid rise in nitrates has to come from an organic source - fish waste from overfeeding or overstocking, excess food, rotting plants or trapped dirt in substrate or filter. ea7 If not that then it must be an error in the test kit, test procedure or reading of results. Looking ea7 at the percentage changes you're doing and the resulting nitrate levels there's something amiss other than nitrate production. ea7 If you change 90% of the water for 0 nitrate clean water and test immediately afterwards the level MUST reduce by 90% - it's a simple mathematical function. If a 90% change does not produce a 90% reduction then one of your tests, either before or after has to be off, or the level in your supply is higher than you think and that test was off.
Forum Jump: Search in Tropical - Help and Advice 0 ){ document.forms.forum_jumpbox.submit();}"> -- Select a Forum -- [Saltwater] -- Marine - Help and Advice -- Nano Marine - Help and Advice -- Marine - Breeding ea7 and Fragging -- Brackish - Help and Advice [Fishkeeping.co.uk General Forums] -- Feedback and Suggestions [General ea7 Help and Advice] -- Emergencies -- General Information -- Amphibians, Invertebrates, Reptiles and other Animals -- Mystery Creature ID [Freshwater] -- Coldwater - Help and Advice -- Tropical - Help and Advice -- Cichlid Specific -- Freshwater - Breeding and Fry Care -- Aquarium Plants -- Pond - Help and Advice [ Advanced Search ]
Goldy 16645 cathie 11151 Fishlady 10676 suey2 9935 Fishy-Fishy 9605 EagleC 8176 Violet 7049 Coralline 5681 TetraLinz 4655 Goldnugget 4183
Powered by Firemouth 2012 FK | Contact Admin 0.352 Seconds | 1 Queries
No comments:
Post a Comment