Friday, April 11, 2014

Lord of the Flies (William Golding) - a horror? Well, if Grillers is about dark things and the natu


Okay, the arrival of Halloween inspired me to an almost unprecedented two posts in one week. This is not supposed to be one or other intellectual or comprehensive list to be. It's just a bunch of books and films over the years I gave shivers. I know there are tons of classics that I left out. So shoot me. Or, in the spirit of Halloween, use a more creative murder weapon.
Let the right one in (John Ajvide Lindqvist) - If you're tired of Stephenie Meyer and Charlaine Harris's vampires, here's a really disturbing, shocking vampierstorie. mood rings Definitely not for sensitive readers. There's also a movie of the book, but I could not find another anywhere.
Pet Sematary (Stephen King) - No matter how hard you try to convince me it's mood rings bad written, the idea behind this story continues to upset me and my goosebumps giving. I did it the first time in elementary school reading.
Misery (Stephen King) - I'm going to try hard not too many Stephen King books on this list sit. Annie Wilkes is a fantastic, fantastic mad woman. For someone like me who is not from doctors and hospitals and medical mood rings goete like, this is a nightmare. And Kathy Bates Nurse Annie made even more memorable in the movie. And that those pork her ...
The Masterpieces of Shirley mood rings Jackson (Shirley Jackson) - I have my copy of this bundle for R34 at a second hand store bought. These include The Haunting of Hill House and We Have Always Lived in the Castle, as well as Jackson's short stories, including The Lottery shocking, as far as I can remember in apartheid South Africa was banned. Her stories all have a dark "something" long after the first reading mood rings so on the edge of your consciousness continues to haunt.
Lord of the Flies (William Golding) - a horror? Well, if Grillers is about dark things and the nature mood rings of evil (it now so to sound pompous clichés and use), this book certainly qualifies. mood rings The part where Piggy's head split open, is forever engraved mood rings in my memory. Along with the full varkkop flies, of course. And if you think it's sacrilege to this book is a horror to mention, I have just seen it is discussed in Horror: 100 Best Books (Stephen Jones & Kim Newman).
The Raven (Edgar Allan Poe) - Just so I can at least look smart and a real classic on my list may have! I have a beautiful and extravagant illustrated version of Poe's works purchased (so I can look smart and a real classic on my shelf for display - and especially for the excellent illustrations). To The Raven aloud is fantastic. Try a little (I have hinted at www.heise.de gecopy):

Child's mood rings Play - I recently gave me a Chucky-headknocker, complete with a murderous expression and a knife in hand, bought right above my computer is - as a tribute to the cult-pop that childhood inspired My nightmares were delicious. If you ask me nicely, I might even get a decent imitation of that do Good Guys doll's (to me) memorable words: "Hi, I'm Chucky. I want to be your friend. "
A Nightmare on Elm Street - With Chucky mood rings Freddy Krueger is old with mesvingers my favorite alarmist from my childhood. I have not watched mood rings the new version - everyone mood rings says it's mood rings bad, so I'm afraid I will be disappointed. mood rings
It - I'm a fanatic Stephen King fan. The book was in my opinion much better than the movie (duh), but Tim Rice's mood rings Pennywise is and remains a grim viewing experience. And the words "look into my deadlights" and "Down here we all float" I never in my life forget.
Awake - The idea of anesthesia for my endless scary. To be delivered at the mercy of others. It's not that I have doctors and medical staff mistrusted - they are, after all, good people. Or so I thought until I watched this movie. Of all the Grillers I mention here, this is the only one I do not want to look. Brrr.
The Silence of the Lambs, I saw the movie at the time saw as a child before mood rings I read the book, so I choose the movie version. If old Hannibal declared mood rings he would "an old friend for dinner" have shivered mood rings a man of pleasure. But it's the complexity and intelligence and hipergekultiveerdheid of the character that particularly caught.
The Others: Nicole Kidman mood rings freak me out in this movie. The first time you have no idea what exactly was going on, until the shocking denouement strikes. With the second and third look, it's almost grilleriger because you have the knot of the story to know.
The Sixth Sense: I have a fridge magnet bought declare: I see st

No comments:

Post a Comment