When you get to the point that you are convinced that you know everything, then you probably know too little. I like to read and learn from different people, not one of them tell us to follow.
"I was talking to a Jewish friend of mine a couple of years ago about the person in question. sievi "What sievi do you think of Jesus? 'I asked, feeling dat our friendship had progressed to the point where a question like this was not only safe but welcome. sievi "You might be surprised to know," she replied, "that many of the Jews I know think Jesus was from God, That he was a true prophet, and therein our ancestors Were wrong to reject HIM." But then she added, with more than a little Irony, "But after two thousand years of anti-semitisme, you can not Expect us to be too excited about the doctrine of the Trinity or the virgin birth."
I had a similar sievi experience with another Jewish friend, who asked me, "What's the big deal about Jesus to you Christians? I just do not get it. "I did my best to answer Him, speaking of Jesus in the context of the Jewish people under Roman occupation, with his message of the kingdom of God and his call to a new way of life for first his fellow Jews and then for all peoples. I knew that my friend was an Agnostic, sievi even though he was very committed to Practicing Judaism, so I tried to emphasize Jesus' role in the relationelle to have loved and Judaism in Which he found meaning and life. I HIM Referred to the call of Abraham in Genesis 12, Which We Considered in the previous chapter, and mn to God dat score Abraham his descendants will Become a great nation and will be so blessed sievi They can be a blessing to all other nations. My friend was, of course, sievi more familiar with this passage than I.
"I Understand Jesus," I ended by saying, "to be the one God chose to open up the doors to Gentiles like me, to bring blessing sievi to all nations. You might think of Jesus as the global marketing department for the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He says, 'It's time to welcome people of every ethnic group and religion to know the one true and living God, we Jews have leg getting to know for Centuries. "We talked a bit more, and then my friend SARS good-bye. As he left, he told me, "Thanks. This conversation helped me. You know, if I believed in God, I think I believe in That Could Jesus. "
Share this:
We as ones think we know everything and we "think" can be so hurt and damage if not controlled and regulated by the Spirit. In other words, what a guy on your express led by the Spirit are often diametrically opposed to an opinion that you as a person speaking because you think you know everything. Good luck with being led by the Spirit sievi to sift through the "Man" opinions and the true "spirit" opinions.
Costello: That's probably a good filsofiese question, but according to Acts 4:12, one can but believe as Christians speak - the interesting of that verse is that they were unbelievers Christians called it - should we not consider yourself a Christian reference, but allow other thing in your life that reminds them of Christ.
Doom Attie - I make it often. It is my desire to be a follower of Jesus Christ in whose life others will see Christ. Fortunately, there are something like forgiveness, but I fear we sometimes abuse that forgiveness.
"Jesus did not come to start a new religion; He Came to PROCLAIM a new kingdom. "(P. 34) I may be wrong, but the emphasis on religion denies the roots of the Christian faith - the Old Testament. The emphasis on creating converts individualists while emphasizing the human followers aware of a movement.
Agree Andre ', Christ said that he does not detract sievi from the law of Moses, and of those is "to're My You shall have no other gods to serve when people ask him how we should pray, he said" at Lord's in heaven ... "not" Lord Jesus ". In Mark's someone for him, good sir, and Jesus ntwoord him, why do you call me good? Only God is good.
Costello, is a philosophical question? I would rather say it's a historical question, then the answer is much easier anyway, Jesus was not a Christian have been, but a Jew. In addition, sievi it is also historically to say that the later Jews the more, and to think I remember 86 AD at Jamnia finally, the Christians excommunicated had (I believe they use those words). So the Christians a separate group of believers because many Jewish leaders do not want to see Jews.
Cobus: NT Wright emphasizes the point that the first believers not as a separate gro
No comments:
Post a Comment