Girl Fowler | Forty Road
As a ritual that repeats every few years - sweatshops independence again in danger of closing. Chairman of the facts Evan Fowler, who fought the same war even three years ago, rather optimistic. After a child torn from her family, shunned Jewish community due to pregnancy, anthropology store she worked 16 years in the sewing factory and managed to support her five children as a single mom - it is impossible not to be inspired Fowler, also found time to run to the plenum of the last local council elections
"We, the workers, do not have to pay the price for the mistakes of the managers or owners anthropology store of capital," says Evan Fowler, chairman of the facts sweatshops independence leader Mitzpe Ramon and the most publicized workers' struggle in the history of Mitzpe Ramon. "This is not the first time I was fighting for my job, I did it three years ago, but somehow in the current crisis, we all have a sense of hope."
Last month Arad Textile Industries anthropology store announced that it would close the plant and distributed anthropology store dismissal letters to all the facts. Fowler rolled up their sleeves and went back to combat. "It has been a few months I knew something was going to happen. I'm with attentive ears and I heard more than once that the management situation is not so good, "she says. "The other girls did not notice, but after a meeting with representatives of management who said they were in negotiations with the Ministry of Defense - I turned on a red light. I work at a sewing workshop for 16 years and always have orders from the Defense Ministry year ahead. I realized it's their way to get out of their commitment to operate the plant. " anthropology store
"We continue to work as usual and try to fight even. We reached an agreement with management anthropology store that began on May Day we will not be part of Arad Textile anthropology store Industries. My feeling is another fight as time and three years ago they all were crying and depressed. "
"I am aware of the workers' committee and the things that happen behind anthropology store the scenes. There is talk about all kinds of potential buyers, even one that has a specific Jerusalem Knesset connections. I believe there will not be a long break in and even sewing workshop mode will continuously. Daniel Shitrit, the chairman of the Histadrut in Mitzpe Ramon, is in contact with the Ministry of Defense and interested anthropology store and we prefer acquired by the organization works not for profit ".
Over forty years of existence, independence sweatshops knew ups and downs. Heyday, sometime in the early 80s, which employed nearly one hundred employees from Mitzpe Ramon and the surrounding anthropology store areas. Workers struggle the most famous occurred in 2000, when Moses sent PARTOK, anthropology store who was with the sewing shop, a letter of dismissal to sixty facts. Because they know they will not find another job unemployment-stricken locality, they launched a war on two facts that led sewing shop - Chairman of the Board and Abigail Ingber anthropology store lily bloom. Workers barricaded themselves anthropology store along with their children at the end of the summer holidays at the factory, and after about a month, working with the Board Secretary Daniel Shitrit Mitzpe Ramon and former Histadrut chairman Amir Peretz, came to an agreement: the sewing workshop restart cooperative, "expect independence" name. Federation lent facts million anthropology store and promised to help the cooperative center and management consulting. The remainder came twenty workers each share purchased a sewing workshop for NIS 5,000. Sewing shop that has become a symbol of the struggle in which workers operate a successful "small" became the owner and took responsibility for their fate.
In early 2009 the management difficulties began to appear cooperative and after a long struggle with the assistance of Israeli President Shimon Peres, the cooperative sold Arad Textile Industries company owned by industrialist Gary Heiman. The Company has undertaken to operate the plant for three years is about to end in May 2014 "wants to be up front"
"Most girls think I know everything, and that's because I study, observe and hear what's going on around me, and then going on what I know and feel. I grew up in did not open here, but if anyone allow an adult, and in time I learned that if I have something to say, I'm going for it. There is some jealousy in the workplace - the facts that I think comes from the preferential treatment, they also see that I know things before them. But I'm just like, drawn things, want to know, is interested. And a small head - waiting anthropology store for someone to tell them something.
"Yesterday was an argument in the dining room after the management representative spoke. It showed how we responded to the dismissal of the sewing shop manager Itzik Berger. When told who gets fired, I thought it was not true that he is fighting for us. I need to make noise, but they wanted to do it quietly. So I went and put a lock on the gate to make noise. So the argument between the girls was that they thought that if we did not act like that then would continue with us. "
"I do not really anthropology store matters with the outside world. I went to the hotel at the beginning, but I was offered to be a maid or kitchen, and I want to be up front, reception. I have no computer experience so I do not think they get me. I think that in May, I'll take a break and go to learn computers. I do not want to continue anthropology store sewing, even I know by heart this job. I have ambitions and I want to take a step forward. "
"This is a task almost impossible, but it teaches you how to manage your bank account and live by what is not too high. This kind of art. Occasionally I do cleaning work on the side, and it came at the expense of hours I could spend with my family. "
Fowler (39), a single anthropology store mother Odelia (18), happiness (15), Nathaniel (9), halo (8) and Leal (6) - grew up in Mitzpe Ramon in a family of 14 children as part of a community of Black Hebrews, anthropology store with one father and two mothers . "My parents came to Israel in 1973 and I was born in the observatory. Community is allowed men to take up to four wives. They justify it by saying that there are more women than men in the world and for women alone will not be lesbian or not - should have married anthropology store several women. "
By the age of eight she had to leave the house. "At the time they took the children to school in Dimona
As a ritual that repeats every few years - sweatshops independence again in danger of closing. Chairman of the facts Evan Fowler, who fought the same war even three years ago, rather optimistic. After a child torn from her family, shunned Jewish community due to pregnancy, anthropology store she worked 16 years in the sewing factory and managed to support her five children as a single mom - it is impossible not to be inspired Fowler, also found time to run to the plenum of the last local council elections
"We, the workers, do not have to pay the price for the mistakes of the managers or owners anthropology store of capital," says Evan Fowler, chairman of the facts sweatshops independence leader Mitzpe Ramon and the most publicized workers' struggle in the history of Mitzpe Ramon. "This is not the first time I was fighting for my job, I did it three years ago, but somehow in the current crisis, we all have a sense of hope."
Last month Arad Textile Industries anthropology store announced that it would close the plant and distributed anthropology store dismissal letters to all the facts. Fowler rolled up their sleeves and went back to combat. "It has been a few months I knew something was going to happen. I'm with attentive ears and I heard more than once that the management situation is not so good, "she says. "The other girls did not notice, but after a meeting with representatives of management who said they were in negotiations with the Ministry of Defense - I turned on a red light. I work at a sewing workshop for 16 years and always have orders from the Defense Ministry year ahead. I realized it's their way to get out of their commitment to operate the plant. " anthropology store
"We continue to work as usual and try to fight even. We reached an agreement with management anthropology store that began on May Day we will not be part of Arad Textile anthropology store Industries. My feeling is another fight as time and three years ago they all were crying and depressed. "
"I am aware of the workers' committee and the things that happen behind anthropology store the scenes. There is talk about all kinds of potential buyers, even one that has a specific Jerusalem Knesset connections. I believe there will not be a long break in and even sewing workshop mode will continuously. Daniel Shitrit, the chairman of the Histadrut in Mitzpe Ramon, is in contact with the Ministry of Defense and interested anthropology store and we prefer acquired by the organization works not for profit ".
Over forty years of existence, independence sweatshops knew ups and downs. Heyday, sometime in the early 80s, which employed nearly one hundred employees from Mitzpe Ramon and the surrounding anthropology store areas. Workers struggle the most famous occurred in 2000, when Moses sent PARTOK, anthropology store who was with the sewing shop, a letter of dismissal to sixty facts. Because they know they will not find another job unemployment-stricken locality, they launched a war on two facts that led sewing shop - Chairman of the Board and Abigail Ingber anthropology store lily bloom. Workers barricaded themselves anthropology store along with their children at the end of the summer holidays at the factory, and after about a month, working with the Board Secretary Daniel Shitrit Mitzpe Ramon and former Histadrut chairman Amir Peretz, came to an agreement: the sewing workshop restart cooperative, "expect independence" name. Federation lent facts million anthropology store and promised to help the cooperative center and management consulting. The remainder came twenty workers each share purchased a sewing workshop for NIS 5,000. Sewing shop that has become a symbol of the struggle in which workers operate a successful "small" became the owner and took responsibility for their fate.
In early 2009 the management difficulties began to appear cooperative and after a long struggle with the assistance of Israeli President Shimon Peres, the cooperative sold Arad Textile Industries company owned by industrialist Gary Heiman. The Company has undertaken to operate the plant for three years is about to end in May 2014 "wants to be up front"
"Most girls think I know everything, and that's because I study, observe and hear what's going on around me, and then going on what I know and feel. I grew up in did not open here, but if anyone allow an adult, and in time I learned that if I have something to say, I'm going for it. There is some jealousy in the workplace - the facts that I think comes from the preferential treatment, they also see that I know things before them. But I'm just like, drawn things, want to know, is interested. And a small head - waiting anthropology store for someone to tell them something.
"Yesterday was an argument in the dining room after the management representative spoke. It showed how we responded to the dismissal of the sewing shop manager Itzik Berger. When told who gets fired, I thought it was not true that he is fighting for us. I need to make noise, but they wanted to do it quietly. So I went and put a lock on the gate to make noise. So the argument between the girls was that they thought that if we did not act like that then would continue with us. "
"I do not really anthropology store matters with the outside world. I went to the hotel at the beginning, but I was offered to be a maid or kitchen, and I want to be up front, reception. I have no computer experience so I do not think they get me. I think that in May, I'll take a break and go to learn computers. I do not want to continue anthropology store sewing, even I know by heart this job. I have ambitions and I want to take a step forward. "
"This is a task almost impossible, but it teaches you how to manage your bank account and live by what is not too high. This kind of art. Occasionally I do cleaning work on the side, and it came at the expense of hours I could spend with my family. "
Fowler (39), a single anthropology store mother Odelia (18), happiness (15), Nathaniel (9), halo (8) and Leal (6) - grew up in Mitzpe Ramon in a family of 14 children as part of a community of Black Hebrews, anthropology store with one father and two mothers . "My parents came to Israel in 1973 and I was born in the observatory. Community is allowed men to take up to four wives. They justify it by saying that there are more women than men in the world and for women alone will not be lesbian or not - should have married anthropology store several women. "
By the age of eight she had to leave the house. "At the time they took the children to school in Dimona
No comments:
Post a Comment