Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Let's be honest for a second about the Calibre 780 movement in the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master mens wear


Video Watch Reviews on YouTube The Best Watches On Facebook The Best Watches on Google+ The Best Watches On Twitter Visit the Watch Dungeon On Instagram Follow Our Boards On Pinterest Find our feed on Feedly Subscribe to our RSS Feed Primary Menu Skip to content
News BaselWorld 2015 All Watch News Watch Releases Watch Industry News Shows & Events Sales & Auctions Announcements Reviews All Watch Reviews Wrist Time Reviews mens wearhouse Hands-On Watch Reviews Under $500 Book Reviews Features All Features Feature Articles mens wearhouse ABTW Editors’ Lists ABTW Round-Ups Watch Buying Watch Stores Inside the Manufacture ABTW Interviews mens wearhouse HourTime Show Podcast Watch What-If Luxury Items Watch Buying Guides All Articles Watch Brands mens wearhouse All Watch Brands Featured Watch Brands Bulova Watches Girard-Perregaux Giveaways Ask Us! About
2015 sees Jaeger-LeCoultre releasing a new titanium and blue ref. Q203T541 (203T541) version of its most impressive sport watch. Timepieces like the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor mens wearhouse Extreme Lab 2 are why I continue to find myself in love with the world of watches. If it wasn't for an Extreme Lab 2 or similar type of watch coming along now and again, I'd probably go off and find something else to write about, because writing about three-hand vintage style dress watches bores me most of the time. This Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2, however, is modern, technical, functional, meticulous, over-engineered, comfortable, and interesting - all words that deeply apply to what this mega high-end sports watch is all about.
The Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 is a watch that originally came out about five years ago - at least that was when it was debuted. In many ways, it was a major step up from Jaeger-LeCoultre's original Extreme mens wearhouse Lab 1 watch. The brand took a while to finally get the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 to market because it was so complicated technically with oh so many parts in the movement and the case. Between the original 18k red gold and TiVan titanium alloy versions, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 was originally a limited edition of 500 pieces total (200 in gold and 300 in titanium). The 2015 Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 in titanium with blue colors accents marks a return mens wearhouse of the Extreme Lab 2, and is actually not a limited edition - which I hope is a positive sign for the future mens wearhouse of Jaeger-LeCoultre as a complicated sports watch maker.
As the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 is easily on my short list of grail watches, I went hands-on here last year in 2014 with both the gold and titanium versions of the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 . In that article, I attempted to explain what made the watch special even a few years after it was released and demonstrated what was so cool about the in-house made Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 780 automatic movement. In this article, I'll point out a series of little details about the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 which I hope will help illustrate why a timepiece like this is so desirable for watch lovers like me.
In a nutshell, I feel that Jaeger-LeCoultre is offering a fantastic value (even though this is by no means a cheap watch) with all that goes into the movement mens wearhouse and case of the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2. Further, so many elements of the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor mens wearhouse Extreme Lab 2 watch are completely and wondrously over-engineered. By that, I mean Jaeger-LeCoultre has included rather complicated ways of doing things in this collection that only add minor benefits. That's what I call over-engineering. Not counting the strap and buckle components (which, mens wearhouse surprisingly, aren't mens wearhouse insignificant) the Calibre 780 movement mens wearhouse and case of the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme Lab 2 have a total of 712 different parts.
Let's be honest for a second about the Calibre 780 movement in the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master mens wearhouse Compressor Extreme Lab 2. While I haven't personally spent a long time living with it, it does represent the biggest double-edged sword of the watch. On the one hand it is beautiful, complicated, and laden with fantastic features. On the other hand, it took Jaeger-LeCoultre extra time to get the fancy chronograph system to work, and because it is so complicated, you more-or-less know that it is going to have mechanical issues and/or need service at regular mens wearhouse intervals. It is sort of the Italian sports car owner's dilemma - "I know it is going to look and perform amazingly when it works, mens wearhouse but when it breaks we, will be apart for a long time and our reunion will be expensive." I don't have any specific evidence to suggest that the Calibre 780 is a movement prone to repair, but rather, that almost all complicated movements of this nature with so many moving parts are fallible.
Why harp of that inevitability? Probably because I'd love to fantasize that the

No comments:

Post a Comment