Saturday, March 28, 2015

As for the wing clamps, impossible to find on all the Islands a


Independent columnist, lecturer shoestock on various topics, editor of corporate shoestock documents, writer and painter when I have time, I invite you to read this blog and go to the bottom of the page for more details. Over the coming weeks, I will outline my thoughts, reflections, work and other achievements of interest to you.
Rather successful this device. Unfortunately this is not mine, but I still intend to do so. This in won first prize at an air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Difficult to show interesting photos of a finished product when starting with the plans, but do not be discouraged dear readers (I hope there are a few), I'll get there one day. For now, I doubt my wing clamps shoestock and I doubt reading plans that I make. So I phone my friend Paul Pontois and again he reassures me. It does not looks solid, but it's like a rock. According to him, my reading was good and as his unit to five years, I think it must be good. By cons, how to get to make the Magdalen Islands 16 metal plates shoestock of perfect similarity of 64 to punch holes in a correct and perfect alignment over 8 slightly larger holes, but with the same accuracy. In addition, between these metal plates, I will insert 8 places, 4-inch wood blocks wide perforated over the entire width and still in full alignment with the metal contacts. All must be seated in the body of Styrofoam and plywood encapsulated shoestock between 8 small plates of just 1 / 16th of an inch thick. "Do not hurry to manufacture these parts said Paul. You will have the impression not to advance one inch in your project, but it is the most important documents and the work must be perfect. "So in the meantime, I invent a heating wire system to cut the Styrofoam shoestock and then I go in search of good machinist shoestock and more people begin to cut the first piece of wood to form the top and below the main spar my wing, four extremely thin boards of 4 inches wide at one end and an inch wide at the other end. Since inception of a building, it would have been different. Excerpts from my building I register begins to cut into my spar of wood. The company "Wicks" the sliced 1/4 inch thick. I do not like the quality of the wood, because the beam from below and the one above are not of the same color. I cut and then I start with a big mistake. Too late, my spar is lost. So I'm going to Martin Lafrance, a carpenter. shoestock I ask the tree. It does not. Spruce either. shoestock Pine, yes he has. I almost empty his shop to find planks of wood strips without knots that I will roll my upper spar. Martin works too fast. I'm telling him he must be meticulous, thicknesses vary with his mood. Finally, I bring everything with me and then I give up and resign myself to order a new piece from "Spruce and Specialty" of California. The most "fun" is that this wood is from British Columbia and through the US, although it sure takes me pay exorbitant tariffs. I control a thickness of 5 / 16th of an inch. This small mistake on my part cost me more than $ 500 once all paid. This will delay my project, but in the meantime shoestock I will all the "nic nac" that are possible to achieve. The frames of the vertical and horizontal tail are doing well then shelved.
As for the wing clamps, impossible to find on all the Islands a "pressdrill" shoestock capable of punching a straight hole 4 inches long by 3/8 inches in diameter. After two or three holes, alignment shoestock on the lam. Still good wood for the "scrap". Finally, I find a craftsman not pressed wood that tells me he will do his best. As for the metal plates, a machinist told me that it takes for a personal challenge, but we must give him time, at least two weeks.
Meanwhile shoestock I cut and pasted into the Styrofoam all stringers 12 feet long, 4 inches thick and 9 inches tall, all bonded epoxy "West System Epoxy" 150. per gallon. Then I assembled the central part first before moving to the styrofoam timber recovery. It is under

No comments:

Post a Comment