Saturday, June 7, 2014

, Oh, spatula, it

The truth about Katniss Everdeen | City - Happiness
"The Hunger Games" I read very close to its publication in Hebrew. My son is one - ten clung to it and read it in a loop fifty times or more. I was curious and went well with both these parts. Trilogy still scratching me all sorts of ways. (Here summarized the plot for those who need).
Although futurism littered Hebrew (mythology, gladiators mr foot and Roman feasts) trilogy mr foot is deeply rooted in the present; The eccentric reality TV its strong affinity for beauty and fashion and even the gender of the writer: mr foot the same number of boys and girls are sent to fight each other to death. While such equality was also among the victims mr foot of the Minotaur, but the behavior and performance of games famine victims derivative of the personality of each one, regardless of gender.
Katniss Everdeen heroine and winning is like a virgin Slayer strong and independent as Artemis. From an early age she takes the place of her father at the head of the family, and the two boys in love with her she is not interested to marry and have children sent hunger games. Sullen but feminist way.
Then, towards the end of the second book, and following the exploits of Katniss, finally breaks the rebellion. What do you think happens then? Is Katniss as the Virgin of Orleans led the rebels to victory? Think again. Or wording mr foot of Charles Kingsley The Water Babies: "My dear boy, what an absurd notion!"
"We think it is better to build you, our rebel leader, outside ... inside. I mean, is the most amazing robe for you ... Then we will work on personality fit for him," she explained, and save us the little Ahahatahabtoioat Is Katniss, should be "scarred or bleeding? Are beaming fire revolt how dirty it without nauseate the audience? mr foot "
(This reminds me of what I heard Performance artist and dresses myrtle Gartman. How paged her youth La'isha "article mr foot about fashion all sorts of girls, for example, Tom - Boy dressed sailors and so on., And there was a photograph mr foot of a young wild and dirty with her clothes torn, beneath which is written "Portrait of a girl who had just been raped.")
I remember the pinch at the end of Anne of Green Gables series, when I realized that a fortune imagination and clubs stories that just to marry Gilbert Belait. Not opposed to romance. I liked Gilbert, while I was amazed and a little grieved at all contracted at one time hobby and decoration (and better not start talking here about Little Women).
I do not think that books need to be politically correct. I am in favor of pluralism, even fantasies. This flip - plaque mr foot bothers me. Double talk; Susan Collins mr foot gender non catering to the alibi beyond what I mentioned: the rebel headquarters woman - not Katniss but another woman - brutal and corrupt, replaced eventually good woman of her. Collins pays the purpose of her feminism, but when it comes to the main heroine, so that lenders, with whom sympathize, she suddenly folding tail between the legs. Just Taming of the Shrew. And the way in which this happens is very sharp and brutal. Moment is presented as a wonderful sound, independent thinking and a magnetic effect on people, and the second that she leaves the ring is dispossessed from it and becomes a doll, the way the bride and mother.
And I do not even know if it was done on purpose; Of cold calculation, for example, that's what readers want in the end: marriage and children. Or is it the truth sticking out unnoticed, mr foot the gap between the declarations and the equal sign and the call being female. Or so the way the world; When there is a threat to all mixes but after the revolution the woman repeatedly mr foot replaced "natural."
Related mr foot
An interesting distinction that it provides its pound of feminism, but not when it comes to the main heroine. As with Jane Austen and Dickens mr foot characters shadow do what heroes and heroines (for example Orlik id of Pip with high hopes, and Oriya Hip and Steerforth David Copperfield, and Elizabeth's sister Lydia Pride and Prejudice). Center of the stage, where a protagonist, mr foot should strengthen the central values. Anne Shirley is a powerful example. mr foot Really, though affection Gilbert Blythe. I think that Joe Little Women, though I love Professor bar, but when she married him it was over and they retreated to the background when students are plot, no? (In the sequel). Reading the plot summary on Wikipedia - that sounds realistic (reality show) too and really not fun ...
, Oh, spatula, it's so true. But there is hope elsewhere ..... I recently saw the "Gravity," a revolutionary to me. As Uri Klein wrote in his criticism, the protagonist is born into the world, and it is already breaking one of the templates firmness of woman is the one who gives birth to the hero, a real or symbolic, but here is the one you were born. But it's not just this pattern was broken. Physical, is an astronaut detaching from anything that keeps her, and on another level it is disconnected from its traditional definition as a woman. Until finally there was only the nucleus - is, quite simply, human. Besides, mr foot it is also bumping the endless. I'm guessing quite often hard to see a woman being beaten - chlorine, abandoning her beauty injury - if it happens it's usually on the basis of sex (or the relationship), and the sympathy of the viewers it has quite erotic. But here there is no sexual or erotic relationship, it is a consequence of being a heroine of her willingness to cross borders, mr foot as in "sense of snow Miss Smilla" or B"milion dollars Beiibi "or Tarantino's movies.
There is a 'mirror black, "the horror of the British series of technological dystopia (I completely disagree with her message) exactly the same solution stuffy, but this time the victim is a man above his seemingly loving this topic Malibu wounded and cries of protest mr foot authentic and honest shaped course immediately by humiliating reality TV program that he protested against the new Thing. " The way things are true today also, and even especially authenticity commercialization very quickly, actually the original mr foot expression and experience real human is also the most vulnerable to

No comments:

Post a Comment